Gary M. Cohen has been practicing law in the State of Florida for 35 years and during that time has helped hundreds of victims of medical malpractice receive full compensation for the disastrous injuries that have occurred to them or their loved ones. Mr. Cohen has concentrated his practice almost exclusively in the area of medical malpractice for his entire career and is nationally recognized for his expertise in that area.
Mr. Cohen’s experience and dedication to his career has earned him a membership in the exclusive American Board of Trial Advocates, as well as the Presidency of the Broward County Trial Lawyers Association. He has also been selected to serve on one of the national committees of the American Association for Justice and has been asked to lecture across the United States on topics relating to medical malpractice litigation.
Mr. Cohen has successfully resolved hundreds of multi-million dollar claims through settlement or trial for the benefit of his clients, and receives great satisfaction from knowing that the catastrophically injured can successfully fight the billion dollar insurance industry and medical industry to receive their just compensation.
Mr. Cohen is licensed to practice law in all Florida State Courts and Federal Courts and has litigated cases in every part of the State of Florida, as well as nationwide. Mr. Cohen is also an Eagle member of the Florida Association for Justice, a statewide organization that ensures that the citizens of the State of Florida retain their rights to access to the courts despite the many attempts to restrict those rights by vested interests.
- The Florida Bar (Admitted 1980)
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Broward County Bar Association (Past President)
- Broward County Trial Lawyers Association (Board member – Officer)
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- AV Preeminent Rating Martindale-Hubbell
Awards and Honors
- Best Lawyers in America, Medical Malpractice Law-Plaintiff
- South Florida Legal Guide, Medical Malpractice
- Florida Super Lawyers, Personal Injury Plaintiff: Medical Malpractice
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, Civil Trial Law
- AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2015 list of the Nation’s Top One Percent
- Florida International University (B.A., 1977)
- Nova Law Center (J.D., 1980)