Over the course of time, there have been significant scientific breakthroughs in the field of stem cell research, where scientists are growing confident about the different ways stem cell therapy can aid and prevent diseases.
However, despite these exciting medical advancements, it’s important to realize that in many instances, these stem cell treatment applications remain unproven. The truth is many freestanding medical facilities are claiming to be part of clinical trials that are unproven and unsafe, resulting in serious injuries for our most vulnerable.
As leading medical malpractice lawyers in Florida, we don’t want you to be a victim of stem cell therapy medical malpractice. In fact, we recently helped secure justice in a medical malpractice lawsuit for two women who suffered permanent eye damage after receiving unsafe stem cell treatments.
If you are contemplating stem cell therapy, we urge you to consider these 7 points before undergoing any kind of procedure:
- Stem cell therapy is, by no means, proven to work or within the standard of care at this time.
- Obtain the specifics regarding the stem cell treatment you’re considering and have it vetted and approved by your treating physician.
- Ask to see all of the data/results of the clinical trial that has taken place thus far.
- Ask to see the Institutional Review Board approval documented that the clinical trial has been approved by an accredited body.
- Inquire about all successes and complications that have occurred as a result of the stem cell therapy you seek.
- Ask to speak with other patients directly who have undergone stem cell treatment.
- If it’s a patient-funded clinical trial, it’s likely a scam and a profit-driven business as opposed to therapy that will ever help. DO NOT GO FORWARD WITH IT.
It’s imperative to always keep in mind the risks when undergoing any sort of medical procedure, especially newer approaches. Always make sure to ask the right questions and contact your physician before making any life-altering decisions.
If you or a loved one has experienced any variation of stem cell medical malpractice that has resulted in serious or fatal injuries, Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen can help. For a complimentary consultation, call us at (888) 296-1681 or fill out a free case review form at the bottom of our home page. If you need to visit us, here are four questions you should be ready to ask our firm – and we’ll gladly answer them.