In quick succession, two University of Florida freshmen lost their lives on West University Avenue. Now, their families are filing a wrongful death lawsuit against the drivers and all parties involved. Maggie Paxton lost her life in a hit-and-run accident in December, and in January, Sophia Lambert's life was taken by a fatal crash less than two blocks away. Attorney, Andrew Yaffa, with Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen is representing the families.
- UF student killed in Wednesday night hit and run near campus, The Independent Alligator
- UF student dead after car crash on University Avenue, The Independent Alligator
- Student Government working to address traffic safety issues in and around campus, The Independent Alligator
- Her light will never dim: remembering Margaret Paxton, The Independent Alligator
- Student expresses concern after 18-year-old UF student killed in hit and run, WCJB
- In honor of Sophia Lambert: Tell your friends and family you love them, The Independent Alligator
- UF freshman, Palmetto grad dies when car involved in crash careens onto sidewalk, into her, The Miami Herald
- Petition: Traffic Safety for UF Students
- Petition: Install Speed Bumps On University Avenue (University of Florida)
- Facebook Group: Gainesville Citizens for Active Transportation – GCAT
- Facebook Group: Gators Against Student Pedestrian Deaths
- Parents of University of Florida students sue after daughters killed in car crashes (wcjb.com)
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed by families of UF students killed on W University Ave | WGFL (mycbs4.com)
- Attorneys Say Pressure To Deliver Caused Uber Eats Driver’s Crash That Resulted In South Florida Teen’s Death – CBS Miami (cbslocal.com)
- Attorney: UF student families could receive millions after traffic deaths
Changing Lives by Changing The Law
Since our firm opened, we've made it our mission to get justice for our clients and their families. We've not only taken on cases that other firms had turned down, but we've also fought to get unjust laws and restrictions overturned or modified.
A Team of Legal Professionals
Complex legal cases require extensive research, trial experience, and industry knowledge, which is why we always have a team of attorneys working on every case we take on. Our team-centric approach to litigation means that we're able to really focus on getting our clients the best possible outcome.
There Are No Upfront Legal Fees
We handle all of our claims on a contingency fee basis and will handle all legal fees, court costs, and expert fees related to your specific case. With decades of experience in this industry, we have a wealth of experts we work with routinely to ensure your case is handled with the utmost care.
We Understand the Medicine
Our attorneys not only take the time to understand the evidence in your case, but also the pathology and medical techniques used in your specific situation. We believe that any attorney that takes on these types of cases needs to be on equal footing with medical professionals and physicians.