Appellate Law

Since 1988, Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen has represented families who have lost loved ones to someone else's negligent actions. Our firm has a proven track record of success, winning millions of dollars in rightful compensation for our clients.

Florida Appellate Lawyers

Helping You Appeal Trial Verdicts

If you want to appeal a trial verdict from a judge or jury, it’s important to choose a skilled appellate lawyer to identify issues for appeal and argue them effectively in appellate court or to defend against an appeal brought by your opponent. The appeals process is complicated and not just any lawyer will do. To pursue an appeal you may need to first convince a panel of judges that there is jurisdiction over your issue. An appellate attorney must also analyze the trial court proceedings and demonstrate that proper procedures or precedent was not followed such that there is a compelling reason for reversing the verdict. For these reasons and others, appealing a decision requires an attorney with special skills and experience, one who already knows the best strategies to persuade appellate judges.

Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen has the experience and know-how to advise you on your appeal. A Florida appellate attorney on our team can meet with you, analyze the proceedings, review the lower court’s decision and research the law that could help you succeed.

Contact us at (866) 629-1061 or submit our online contact form to discover how we can help you today.

Is an Appeal the Same as a Retrial?

An appeal is not the same as a retrial. Unlike a trial lawyer who builds a case for a jury, an appellate attorney researches, writes and anticipates the answers an appellate court will want. They prepare thoughtful arguments—both written and oral—to persuade judges, not jurors. In most instances, an appeal is your last opportunity to seek the justice to which you are entitled.

Offering Legal Support for Florida Trial Lawyers

Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen also provides experienced legal support to Florida trial lawyers. Our trial support functions include providing research, writing, and oral argument assistance. We can help you prepare and argue dispositive pre-trial legal motions, including summary judgment motions, motions seeking punitive damages, in limine, jury instructions, and post-trial motions. We can also provide support of discreet legal issues that may arise in your cases. In this regard, we have expertise and proven success litigating efforts to obtain adverse medical incident information under Florida’s Amendment 7 in medical malpractice cases. Our legal team can help you navigate complicated areas of law and increase your chances for a successful outcome in the trial court and protect your clients’ rights in the case of an appeal. If you have a need for trial support or appellate counsel, contact us for a free consultation. We can provide comprehensive assistance on all aspects of appellate law.

Give us a call at (866) 629-1061 or submit our online contact form today to get started.

A Legacy Of Compassion & Excellence

Working With Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen
  • Changing Lives by Changing The Law

    Since our firm opened, we've made it our mission to get justice for our clients and their families. We've not only taken on cases that other firms had turned down, but we've also fought to get unjust laws and restrictions overturned or modified.

  • A Team of Legal Professionals

    Complex legal cases require extensive research, trial experience, and industry knowledge, which is why we always have a team of attorneys working on every case we take on. Our team-centric approach to litigation means that we're able to really focus on getting our clients the best possible outcome.

  • There Are No Upfront Legal Fees

    We handle all of our claims on a contingency fee basis and will handle all legal fees, court costs, and expert fees related to your specific case. With decades of experience in this industry, we have a wealth of experts we work with routinely to ensure your case is handled with the utmost care.

  • We Understand the Medicine

    Our attorneys not only take the time to understand the evidence in your case, but also the pathology and medical techniques used in your specific situation. We believe that any attorney that takes on these types of cases needs to be on equal footing with medical professionals and physicians. 

A Legacy Of Getting Justice

Schedule A Free Consultation Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. By also submitting, you agree to be contacted by SMS text. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy