Boca Raton Brain Injury Lawyers
Pursuing Your Full and Fair Compensation
A brain injury can completely alter your life, often resulting in a short- or long-term disability. The brain is, after all, the most important organ in the human body. When it is injured, you may find yourself acting like a different person, unable to remember things, and having difficulty navigating day-to-day life.
Our attorneys at Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen understand the unique challenges associated with brain injury cases. For more than 30 years, we have fought for the rights of those who have sustained catastrophic injuries—and we have been met with much acclaim for our skill in recovering these clients their full compensation. If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury due to another’s negligence, don’t wait to reach out to a member of our accomplished attorney team.
Schedule a free consultation with a Boca Raton brain injury lawyer. Call our office at (866) 629-1061 or contact us online.
Who Can Sue Over a Brain Injury?
Any Florida resident who has sustained a brain injury because of another party’s negligence can sue for compensation. Brain injury victims must prove that negligence caused the accident or incident in which they were injured, however. For example, if a drunk driver struck your vehicle and you suffered a brain injury, you would have to prove that the other driver was drunk and, therefore, acting negligently.
Other common negligent causes of brain injuries include:
- Sports accidents
- Slip and falls
- Medical mistakes
- Truck, bus, and other traffic accidents
- Bicycle and pedestrian accidents
Typically, those injured sue either an insurance company, such as for a motor vehicle accident, or a hospital/clinic, such as for a medical injury. It is very important to sue the correct party or the case will be thrown out. Unfortunately, this may cause plaintiffs (those suing) to miss the deadline to file suit against the correct party. Once this happens, the plaintiff will no longer have the right to seek compensation.
How Much Is a Brain Injury Case Worth?
Although every case is different, brain injury victims typically qualify to be compensated for one or more of the following damages:
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Physical and mental pain and suffering
- Short- or long-term disability accommodations
Types of Brain Injuries
The brain can sustain many different injuries in a variety of ways, such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): An acquired brain injury (not present at birth) that results from trauma to the head, which causes the brain to shift, compress, or slam against the skull. Mild traumatic brain injuries are more commonly known as concussions.
- Toxic exposure: When a person is exposed to toxic substances or materials, such as lead, a brain injury can result. These days, defective products and medications are often behind these injuries.
- Oxygen deprivation: Brain injuries rooted in oxygen deprivation tend to be associated with near-drowning accidents, birth injury, anesthesia errors, and the like. A lack of oxygen leads to a decreased flow of oxygenated blood to the brain. Thus, the longer a person is deprived of oxygen, the more severely the brain will be injured.
It is also increasingly common for stem cell therapy patients to suffer brain injuries.
Work with a Proven Trial Team
Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen has built a legacy of successfully resolving high-stakes litigation, including litigation pertaining to brain injuries. We help clients who have suffered TBIs and other types of brain damage pursue justice.
Our notable brain injury case results include the following:
- Eight-figure settlement negotiated in favor of a patient who suffered a hypoxic brain injury after medical staff failed to treat a heart attack in a timely manner;
- $16 million settlement negotiated for a patient who suffered severe brain damage after she was left unattended despite having repeatedly pulled at her tracheostomy tube; and
- $9.8 million settlement negotiated for a couple whose baby suffered severe brain damage and developed a permanent disability due to a lack of care during labor and delivery.
A lawsuit cannot truly make up for what happened. We know that. It can, however, help you recover compensation to afford the medical care you need. Further, holding the liable party accountable can provide you with a sense of closure.
Learn more about your legal options and rights in a free consultation with a Boca Raton brain injury attorney. Call (866) 629-1061 today!
Changing Lives by Changing The Law
Since our firm opened, we've made it our mission to get justice for our clients and their families. We've not only taken on cases that other firms had turned down, but we've also fought to get unjust laws and restrictions overturned or modified.
A Team of Legal Professionals
Complex legal cases require extensive research, trial experience, and industry knowledge, which is why we always have a team of attorneys working on every case we take on. Our team-centric approach to litigation means that we're able to really focus on getting our clients the best possible outcome.
There Are No Upfront Legal Fees
We handle all of our claims on a contingency fee basis and will handle all legal fees, court costs, and expert fees related to your specific case. With decades of experience in this industry, we have a wealth of experts we work with routinely to ensure your case is handled with the utmost care.
We Understand the Medicine
Our attorneys not only take the time to understand the evidence in your case, but also the pathology and medical techniques used in your specific situation. We believe that any attorney that takes on these types of cases needs to be on equal footing with medical professionals and physicians.