Coral Gables Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Fighting for Justice in Complex Medical Malpractice Cases
At our Coral Gables law firm, we have a long-standing history of success in handling high-stakes medical malpractice lawsuits across the country. We empathize with the devastating impact that medical negligence can have on our clients and their families. It is disheartening when healthcare providers deviate from accepted standards of care, causing harm during treatment.
This deviation may involve negligent acts or omissions, both of which can result in severe consequences. Sadly, medical malpractice incidents occur all too frequently, often leaving injuries unaddressed and responsibility unacknowledged. Our team at Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen comprises experienced medical malpractice attorneys in Coral Gables who possess extensive expertise in litigating such cases. We understand the complexities involved and work diligently with clients and experts to present a compelling case and seek accountability and compensation.
To learn more about how our team at Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen can help you, give us a call at (866) 629-1061 to schedule a free consultation with a Coral Gables medical malpractice lawyer.
What is Medical Malpractice?
To determine if you have been harmed by medical professionals' negligence or if unfavorable outcomes occurred without entitlement to compensation, it is essential to comprehend what medical malpractice entails.
Medical malpractice refers to instances of professional negligence where healthcare providers fail to meet the appropriate standard of care, resulting in injury or death to their patients. This negligence is often referred to as professional or medical negligence, as it involves the failure to adhere to the medical industry's recognized standard of care for specific healthcare services.
Examples and Causes of Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice occurs when healthcare professionals deviate from accepted standards of practice while treating a patient. Such failures may include, but are not limited to:
- Negligent or improper treatment: This encompasses errors in diagnosis, incorrect prescription of medication, improper surgical procedures, and other forms of negligence committed by doctors or healthcare providers.
- Failure to diagnose: When a doctor fails to identify an illness despite evident symptoms and signs that should have prompted further investigation.
- Misdiagnosis: Providing an incorrect diagnosis or erroneous information about a patient's health, resulting in delayed and harmful treatments.
- Surgical errors: Surgical mistakes are one of the most common medical malpractice cases, including operating on the wrong body part or leaving instruments inside a patient's body after surgery. Such errors can lead to severe injuries and place a heavy burden on the patient's family responsible for their care following the procedure.
- Anesthesia errors: Administering excessive or insufficient anesthesia, delaying anesthesia delivery, failing to recognize adverse reactions, and inadequate monitoring during medical procedures can constitute anesthesia errors and be considered medical negligence if resulting in patient harm.
- Birth injuries or injuries during labor and delivery: When doctors fail to identify and respond appropriately to medical issues during childbirth, it can result in birth injuries such as cerebral palsy, Erb's palsy, and more.
How Can a Medical Malpractice Lawyer Help You Recover Compensation?
Medical malpractice lawyers play a crucial role in helping individuals who have suffered due to medical mistakes obtain compensation for their injuries. They examine medical records and other evidence to establish that a doctor or hospital made a mistake, and they advocate for their clients in court to secure financial compensation. However, the services provided by a medical malpractice law firm extend beyond this. Our skilled Coral Gables medical malpractice lawyers in your area can:
- Investigate cases to determine if medical malpractice occurred.
- Collect and review relevant medical records, documents, and evidence.
- Consult with medical experts to identify instances of negligence and breaches of the standard of care.
- Negotiate settlements on behalf of clients, potentially avoiding the need for a court trial.
- Represent clients in hearings, depositions, trials, and appellate proceedings.
- Prepare legal briefs supporting the client's case for judges or juries.
- Build compelling legal arguments that establish responsibility for the plaintiff's injuries.
- Guide clients through all stages of litigation, from initial filing to the appeals process.
- Collaborate with insurance companies to expedite claim settlements, ensuring injured parties receive compensation promptly.
- Protect the rights of injured parties when health insurers attempt to deny coverage.
Proving a Medical Malpractice Case in Coral Gables, FL
Understanding the process and requirements of a medical malpractice lawsuit empowers patients who have been injured to advocate for their own recovery. By pursuing damage awards and settlements, individuals can cover medical expenses and compensate for lost income resulting from avoidable harm.
To successfully bring a medical malpractice claim, the plaintiff and their medical malpractice attorney must establish the following elements:
- Existence of a duty to the patient: This duty arises when a hospital or medical provider undertakes a patient's treatment.
- Breach of duty: The hospital or medical provider failed to adhere to the relevant standard of care.
- Causation of injury: The breach of duty must be the direct cause of the injury suffered by the plaintiff.
- Damages: These are the financial, physical, or emotional losses resulting from the negligent act or omission. Damages can include reduced wages, severe pain, emotional distress, or reduced quality of life.
Beginning Your Legal Journey with a Malpractice Lawyer
Ultimately, our objective as attorneys align with yours: to secure the rightful compensation and justice you deserve. We operate on a contingency fee basis, meaning we only receive payment if we successfully recover for you. Naturally, the costs associated with your case will depend on its unique circumstances and the specific details involved.
For more information about whether you have a medical malpractice case, we recommend that you speak with an attorney. Contact Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen at (866) 629-1061 to get started.
Changing Lives by Changing The Law
Since our firm opened, we've made it our mission to get justice for our clients and their families. We've not only taken on cases that other firms had turned down, but we've also fought to get unjust laws and restrictions overturned or modified.
A Team of Legal Professionals
Complex legal cases require extensive research, trial experience, and industry knowledge, which is why we always have a team of attorneys working on every case we take on. Our team-centric approach to litigation means that we're able to really focus on getting our clients the best possible outcome.
There Are No Upfront Legal Fees
We handle all of our claims on a contingency fee basis and will handle all legal fees, court costs, and expert fees related to your specific case. With decades of experience in this industry, we have a wealth of experts we work with routinely to ensure your case is handled with the utmost care.
We Understand the Medicine
Our attorneys not only take the time to understand the evidence in your case, but also the pathology and medical techniques used in your specific situation. We believe that any attorney that takes on these types of cases needs to be on equal footing with medical professionals and physicians.