Truck Accident Lawyers in Coral Gables
Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen is Here to Help
If you were injured in a truck accident in Coral Gables or the surrounding area, you may be entitled to significant compensation. At Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen, our Coral Gables truck accident attorneys are committed to holding negligent parties accountable for their actions. We know how to effectively communicate with insurance companies and are prepared to take your case to trial if necessary.
Common Causes and Injuries in Truck Accidents
Truck accidents tend to be more severe than other types of car accidents because of the sheer size and weight of the vehicles involved. Trucks are designed to carry heavy loads over long distances, and their size and weight make them more difficult to control. The resulting collisions can cause catastrophic injuries, including traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, and amputation. Because of these severe consequences, trucking companies are often motivated to settle claims quickly. Before you agree to any settlement, however, you should consult with a knowledgeable truck accident attorney.
Truck accidents are often caused by one of the following:
- Driver error: This is one of the leading causes of truck accidents. It includes speeding, distracted driving (e.g., texting or using a mobile phone), fatigue, aggressive driving, and failure to follow traffic rules.
- Driving under the influence: Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or certain medications impairs a truck driver's judgment and reaction times, significantly increasing the likelihood of accidents.
- Blind spots: Trucks have large blind spots around their vehicles, making it difficult for drivers to see smaller vehicles, pedestrians, or motorcyclists, potentially leading to collisions.
- Fatigue and hours of service violations: Long hours of driving without adequate rest can lead to driver fatigue, reducing alertness and increasing the risk of accidents. Violating hours of service regulations is illegal but unfortunately, it can happen in some cases.
- Inadequate training: Insufficient training for truck drivers may lead to mistakes on the road and an increased likelihood of accidents.
- Aggressive driving behavior: Tailgating, sudden lane changes, and aggressive maneuvers by truck drivers can cause accidents, especially when interacting with other vehicles on the road.
- Vehicle blind spots: Smaller vehicles may drive in the blind spots of trucks, making it challenging for truck drivers to notice them when changing lanes or making turns.
- Improper overtaking: Improper overtaking of trucks by other vehicles can lead to accidents, especially if the car driver misjudges the truck's speed or fails to give it enough space.
- Mechanical failures: Truck accidents can occur when critical vehicle components, such as brakes, tires, or steering systems, malfunction due to lack of maintenance or manufacturing defects.
- Improper loading: Incorrectly loaded cargo can shift during transit, leading to the truck becoming unbalanced and increasing the risk of rollovers or loss of control.
- Road conditions: Poorly maintained roads, construction zones, potholes, and debris can contribute to truck accidents.
- Weather conditions: Adverse weather conditions like heavy rain, snow, ice, or fog can reduce visibility and lead to slippery roads, making it challenging for truck drivers to control their vehicles.
Who is Liable for a Truck Accident?
In most truck accident cases, the truck driver is at fault. However, trucking companies are also liable for truck accidents when they fail to adequately train their drivers or equip their trucks with proper safety features. Trucking companies may also be liable for accidents caused by defective truck parts, such as tires and brakes.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, the following parties may be liable for your injuries:
- The truck driver
- The truck driver's employer
- The trucking company's insurance company
- The truck's manufacturer
- The truck's parts manufacturer
Why Choose Our Firm?
Trucking companies are responsible for ensuring that their drivers are well-trained and that their trucks are properly equipped. Unfortunately, these companies are often motivated to settle claims quickly and may not be forthcoming about their role in causing the truck accident. In these cases, you need a dedicated truck accident lawyer who is committed to holding negligent parties accountable for their actions.
At Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen, our Coral Gables truck accident attorneys are prepared to take on large trucking companies and hold them responsible for the injuries and harm caused by their drivers. We know how to effectively communicate with insurance companies and are prepared to take your case to trial if necessary.
Changing Lives by Changing The Law
Since our firm opened, we've made it our mission to get justice for our clients and their families. We've not only taken on cases that other firms had turned down, but we've also fought to get unjust laws and restrictions overturned or modified.
A Team of Legal Professionals
Complex legal cases require extensive research, trial experience, and industry knowledge, which is why we always have a team of attorneys working on every case we take on. Our team-centric approach to litigation means that we're able to really focus on getting our clients the best possible outcome.
There Are No Upfront Legal Fees
We handle all of our claims on a contingency fee basis and will handle all legal fees, court costs, and expert fees related to your specific case. With decades of experience in this industry, we have a wealth of experts we work with routinely to ensure your case is handled with the utmost care.
We Understand the Medicine
Our attorneys not only take the time to understand the evidence in your case, but also the pathology and medical techniques used in your specific situation. We believe that any attorney that takes on these types of cases needs to be on equal footing with medical professionals and physicians.