What are the Different Types of Medical Malpractice Compensation?

Featured Video Play Icon

At Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen, our goal is getting you the justice you deserve, and maximizing the compensation you or your family are entitled to. There are two types of medical malpractice compensation victims can receive: economic compensation and non-economic compensation.

The form of compensation you receive will entirely depend on the many facts and complex issues unique to your claim.

Economic Compensation

A medical malpractice victim receives economic compensation if they were harmed in a way that had a measurable impact on their current and future way of life.

A few examples of measurable damages include, extensive medical costs, rehabilitation costs and a loss of the ability to maintain future income.

The monetary value of the settlement you receive, will be payment for the financial damages you experienced and will also lessen any future financial issues you or your family would have faced.

Non-economic Compensation

Non-economic compensation is given in response to damages that do not have a measurable economic impact on you, or your family’s way of life.

A few examples of non-economic damages are prolonged or permanent physical and mental suffering, the death of a loved one and disfigurement.

Because the cost of these damages cannot be directly measured, assigning a monetary value to them is a very complex process that often requires insight from outside financial experts.

As mentioned in another post, we wrote about post-trial recoveries, GRYC has a network of lifecare planners and economic advisors that we will directly work with to maximize the economic and non-economic compensation you and your family receive for the hardship you endured.

Our team of seasoned attorneys and experts will fight for your case, and help you and your family begin the next chapter of your lives with peace of mind.

If you or somebody you love is seeking representation for a medical malpractice case and needs assistance, Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen can help. Check out our practice areas page to see what our teams specialize in and fill out the form at the bottom of our home page or call +1 (888) 296-1681 for a free consultation.