Miami Surgical Malpractice Attorneys
Defending Patients’ Rights for 30+ Years
When you go in for surgery, you are trusting the surgeons and any other attending medical professionals to conduct the operation in accordance with industry standards, as well as with great care for your health. If they violate their duty to you — and your trust — they can be held accountable.
At Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen, we know that surgical malpractice is more common than many people think. If you have been injured by a negligent surgeon, our attorneys will help you bring forth a suit against them and their employer (i.e. the hospital) for the harm they have caused. You could be entitled to compensation for the damages you suffered, from medical bills to pain and suffering, and much more.
A Preeminent South Florida Trial Law Firm
Since 1988, our attorney team has garnered acclaim from Best Lawyers®, Super Lawyers®, Lawdragon, The National Trial Lawyers, and American Inns of Court, among others. We have recovered full compensation for our clients in a catalog of complex legal cases. Not to mention, we have fought to overturn and modify unjust laws to protect other Miami residents from similar harm, and we have been greatly successful in doing so. If we don’t win your case, you won’t owe us a dime — that’s how committed we are to our clients.
With almost 50 qualified staffers — including trial lawyers, paralegals, medical investigators, and former police officers and detectives — we will give you the personalized, top-rated legal services you deserve. We have vast resources that render us fully equipped to delve into the details and complexities of your surgical malpractice case. Trust a team with over 100 years of collective experience and a reputation for obtaining landmark results; trust Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen.
Contact us online or call us at (866) 629-1061 today to schedule a risk-free consultation with a Miami surgical malpractice lawyer.
Common Types of Surgical Errors
Despite the groundbreaking developments of modern medicine, a negligent health care professional may commit a wide spectrum of surgical errors:
- Before surgery: Surgical malpractice occurring before surgery includes failing to properly screen a patient for any health risks, failing to warn a patient of the risks of a procedure, recommending the incorrect procedure, improperly preparing for surgery (e.g. anesthesia errors), and failing to instruct a patient on how to prepare for surgery.
- During surgery: Often, this will include operating on the wrong side of the body, performing an incision at the incorrect site, errors in carrying out the procedure, leaving surgical instruments in the body, using unsterilized surgical instruments, and damaging organs, blood vessels, nerves, etc.
- After surgery: Failing to provide adequate and accurate post-surgery treatment/care is the most common example of this type of surgical malpractice.
Even if you know that the surgeon committed a surgical mistake, you will likely be hard pressed to prove it in a court of law on your own. This is because the injured person (plaintiff) is always at a disadvantage in the civil court system. Many surgeons and hospitals have been sued for surgical malpractice time and again; if they haven’t, their insurance companies have certainly handled lawsuits before. Fortunately, Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen can help put the advantage in your corner.
Exercise Your Legal Rights
If you have been injured, don’t hesitate to call our dedicated lawyers at Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen. As mentioned, we have in-depth experience in surgical malpractice cases.
A few of our past case results in this area of the law include:
- Seven-figure recovery for a Florida woman injured during a botched parathyroid surgery. The seven-figure verdict we won spurred the defense to negotiate a confidential settlement with our client.
- Seven-figure settlement for the wife and daughter of a middle-aged man who died when a surgeon committed a fatal error during heart surgery.
- $898,000 jury verdict in favor of a former Major League Baseball player who suffered retinal detachment after a poorly monitored and poorly advised surgery.
Past results do not guarantee similar results for future cases, although they do illustrate the extent of our skill and competence. Experience the confidence of having highly renowned attorneys fight tirelessly for you.
Contact a surgical malpractice lawyer onlinetoday to get started with your free case evaluation. We accept cases in Miami, Boca Raton, and throughout the nation.
Changing Lives by Changing The Law
Since our firm opened, we've made it our mission to get justice for our clients and their families. We've not only taken on cases that other firms had turned down, but we've also fought to get unjust laws and restrictions overturned or modified.
A Team of Legal Professionals
Complex legal cases require extensive research, trial experience, and industry knowledge, which is why we always have a team of attorneys working on every case we take on. Our team-centric approach to litigation means that we're able to really focus on getting our clients the best possible outcome.
There Are No Upfront Legal Fees
We handle all of our claims on a contingency fee basis and will handle all legal fees, court costs, and expert fees related to your specific case. With decades of experience in this industry, we have a wealth of experts we work with routinely to ensure your case is handled with the utmost care.
We Understand the Medicine
Our attorneys not only take the time to understand the evidence in your case, but also the pathology and medical techniques used in your specific situation. We believe that any attorney that takes on these types of cases needs to be on equal footing with medical professionals and physicians.