Miami Day Care Death Lawyers
Helping Families Seek Justice After the Wrongful Death of a Minor
There are few tragedies as senseless as the loss of a young child. Regardless of the cause, it can be difficult for family members to process their grief in the wake of a child’s death. When your child passes away as a result of day care center negligence, you may find yourself in need of answers – and ready to seek justice on behalf of your child.
At Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen, we have decades of experience helping parents and families navigate complex child safety litigation. We believe that it’s important to hold negligent childcare professionals accountable if their actions result in day care injuries or deaths. While no amount of compensation can ever make up for your loss, filing a wrongful death action may bring you some small peace of mind, knowing that other children and families will not suffer the same fate.
We’re here to listen and help you find justice. Contact our Miami day care death attorneys at (866) 629-1061 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
When Is a Day Care Center Liable for Death and Injury?
In some cases, you may not be eligible to pursue a lawsuit after your child dies in a day care center: for example, if the incident was unpreventable or if your child suffered from an unknown health condition. However, there are many other instances where day care supervisors can be negligent and cause catastrophic injuries or death for the children in their care.
Some of the most common examples of day care center negligence we’ve seen over the years:
- Understaffing and lack of proper child supervision
- Faulty or missing safety equipment
- Failing to call parents and dial 911 over urgent medical issues
- Dangerous and unsafe environments for children
- Failing to account for child allergies and medical needs
- Allowing a child to be exposed to toxic chemicals or dangerous products
- Failing to background check all childcare professionals at the center
Our Experience: Past Day Care Death Cases
If your child passed away as a direct result of someone else’s negligence, you may have grounds to pursue a civil lawsuit against the day care center and hold the right parties accountable for your losses. These cases can be complex, which is why it’s critical to hire a lawyer with experience in these sensitive matters.
Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen has a long history of representing families and individuals in Miami, South Florida, and nationwide. With the skills, trial experience, and integrity required to navigate these cases, our team can help you pursue justice and recovery after the catastrophic death of a child.
Examples of two past cases we have taken on:
- Haile Brockington: In 2010, our attorneys represented the mother of young Haile Brockington, who died after she was left in a heated van for hours at a Delray day care. We successfully secured recovery in this matter and fought to bring awareness to this issue, so that no parent or child would have to experience this horrific negligence again.
- Dominicue Andrews: 22-month-old Dominicue Andrews was pronounced dead at Jomiba Learning Center after he was found near a van outside the facility. Our partner Andrew Yaffa represented the family in this tragic matter.
We invite you to contact our team today at (866) 629-1061 if you have lost a young child or minor because of day care negligence or limited supervision.
Changing Lives by Changing The Law
Since our firm opened, we've made it our mission to get justice for our clients and their families. We've not only taken on cases that other firms had turned down, but we've also fought to get unjust laws and restrictions overturned or modified.
A Team of Legal Professionals
Complex legal cases require extensive research, trial experience, and industry knowledge, which is why we always have a team of attorneys working on every case we take on. Our team-centric approach to litigation means that we're able to really focus on getting our clients the best possible outcome.
There Are No Upfront Legal Fees
We handle all of our claims on a contingency fee basis and will handle all legal fees, court costs, and expert fees related to your specific case. With decades of experience in this industry, we have a wealth of experts we work with routinely to ensure your case is handled with the utmost care.
We Understand the Medicine
Our attorneys not only take the time to understand the evidence in your case, but also the pathology and medical techniques used in your specific situation. We believe that any attorney that takes on these types of cases needs to be on equal footing with medical professionals and physicians.