Government Liability Lawyers in Miami
Injured by a Government Employee or Agency? Call Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen.
As a citizen of your city, state, and the federal government, you have a right to expect safe and fair treatment and facilities from government agencies. When government employees or agencies fail to provide this, it can lead to accidents and injuries that could likely have been avoided through better conduct. These types of injuries and even wrongful deaths can occur in a large variety of ways depending on what type of agency is involved and its purpose. Whether or not you can bring an injury claim against a government agency can be a complicated issue that calls for the knowledge and services of an experienced personal injury law firm.
At Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen, we have been leaders in injury cases for more than 30 years. Our team is comprised of outstanding trial lawyers who have built a reputation for excellence during those decades. When you enlist our services, your case will have the benefit of our entire legal team behind it as well as our vast resources that include investigators, former law enforcement, and more. We can determine who is responsible for your injuries. Where a government employee or agency is liable, we can take appropriate action to initiate your claim, build your case, and pursue the compensation to which you may be entitled.
Need legal assistance with a government civil claim? Reach out to a Miami government liability attorney for a free case evaluation at (866) 629-1061 or through our online request form.
Government Liability for Misconduct or Negligence
It is a commonly held belief that governments have immunity from liability in cases where individuals have been injured or killed. However, that rule does not apply in all cases. In various situations, claims may be brought against a government agency when it engaged in misconduct or negligence resulting in harm to a citizen. Special legal rules and procedures often apply in these matters which is why you will need representation by a law firm that understands how to sue a government entity.
Such cases may include (but are not limited to):
- Police misconduct in the use of excessive or unnecessary force via tasers, guns, clubs, pepper spray, or police dogs
- Premises liability cases involving government property where improper maintenance, safety hazards, or other forms of negligence resulted in an accident such a slip and fall, trip and fall, or other injuries; these can include public parks, swimming pools, office buildings, sidewalks, parking structures, and more
- Motor vehicle accidents caused by government employees such as law enforcement, emergency vehicles, fire trucks, etc.
- Motor vehicle accidents caused by or contributed to by improper road maintenance, failure to clear snow, ice, obstacles, or debris from roadways, broken guardrails, missing signage, or poor road design
- Public transit accidents caused by negligent government employees, such as bus accidents injuring other motorists and their passengers, pedestrians, or bicyclists
- School bus/school district accidents and injuries involving children as bus passengers or as students on school property
- Public hospital negligence in medical care rendered to accident or illness victims
In general, government agencies often require you to file a notice of claim to let it know that an injury occurred involving one of its employees or the agency itself. This allows the agency to respond to your notice. These notices of claim are usually denied after which you may then file a lawsuit against the agency to hold it accountable. Compensation that may be awarded in such cases includes the same that is available in other personal injury cases, such as for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost income, and other damages.
Get the Help You Need from Our Respected Legal Team
As soon as you have suffered an injury from a government entity, you should seek the legal guidance you need from an attorney at our firm. We can delve into the details of your situation to determine the facts regarding any potential government liability. Should it be appropriate, we can then move forward with legal action on your behalf.
Contact us at (866) 629-1061 for legal assistance concerning your case today.
Changing Lives by Changing The Law
Since our firm opened, we've made it our mission to get justice for our clients and their families. We've not only taken on cases that other firms had turned down, but we've also fought to get unjust laws and restrictions overturned or modified.
A Team of Legal Professionals
Complex legal cases require extensive research, trial experience, and industry knowledge, which is why we always have a team of attorneys working on every case we take on. Our team-centric approach to litigation means that we're able to really focus on getting our clients the best possible outcome.
There Are No Upfront Legal Fees
We handle all of our claims on a contingency fee basis and will handle all legal fees, court costs, and expert fees related to your specific case. With decades of experience in this industry, we have a wealth of experts we work with routinely to ensure your case is handled with the utmost care.
We Understand the Medicine
Our attorneys not only take the time to understand the evidence in your case, but also the pathology and medical techniques used in your specific situation. We believe that any attorney that takes on these types of cases needs to be on equal footing with medical professionals and physicians.