Diana Tershakovec’s career in surgical intensive care, operating room, trauma nursing, nursing education and emergency care since 1976 have made her a valuable consultant to the firm since 1998. An able communicator and researcher, Diana has presented work to other medical professionals on the psychological impact of trauma and the measurement of pain after surgery.
During 13 years as a nurse at Miami’s Jackson Memorial Hospital, Diana educated staff and insurance company personnel in legal issues; implemented policies and procedures, and audited medical charts for the quality assurance program. Granted her M.S. in Nursing in 1990 and licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in 1998, Diana is currently Adjunct Faculty with the University of Miami School of Nursing.
Diana’s intimate knowledge of daily hospital operations, critical care and emergency medicine provide our legal team with an excellent resource for analyzing and evaluating critical care delivery and outcomes in personal injury and medical malpractice cases.
- American Nurse Association
- Florida Nurses Association
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- AANP (American Academy of Nurse Practitioners)
Awards and Honors
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (State of Florida)
- Publications and Research
- Contributing Editor
- Legal Nurse Consulting: Principles and Practice
- University of Miami Post Masters ARNP (1997)
- University of Miami MSN, Masters in Critical Care (1990)
- University of Miami BSN (1988)
- Miami Dade College AS
- Miami Dade College AA
- Jackson Memorial Hospital School of Nursing RN (1976)