Eric T. Halsey is an accomplished trial lawyer whose practice at Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen focuses on medical malpractice. Prior to joining the firm, Eric worked extensively in all types of tort litigation including wrongful death, medical malpractice, slip and fall, cruise line negligence, landowner negligence, negligent security, and motor vehicle accidents. He also worked as a trial lawyer for a highly regarded South Florida law firm defending health care providers in medical malpractice cases.
Eric has successfully litigated and tried complex medical malpractice, trucking and negligent security cases throughout Florida, including serving as second chair in multiple trials. For instance, in 2013 Eric served as second chair in a trucking negligence case in Central Florida on behalf of a driver who lost his left leg in a crash involving a tractor trailer. A jury awarded over $7.3 million.
- Florida Bar
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida since 2006
- Florida Justice Association
- American Association for Justice
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association
- South Palm Beach County Bar Association
Awards and Honors
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star; 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Listed in Top 40 Under 40
- Miami School of Law; Member of Moot Court Board (J.D.)
- Magna Cum Laude, New York University; Communications (B.A.)