Kathryn Baker is a registered nurse with award-winning expertise in neonatal care. Kathryn spent over a decade at Miami Children’s Hospital, working in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and serving as Chairman of the NICU’s Documentation Committee. She was responsible for creating the parent education literature on Apnea Monitoring used hospital wide. In 2001, she received the hospital’s Pediatric Excellence award.
Prior to joining the firm, Kathryn worked as an independent Legal Nurse Consultant. She analyzed and evaluated a range of medical malpractice and wrongful death cases for numerous law firms. Kathryn also had the opportunity to work with prominent local Firms on high profile cases, including cases involving Medicare Fraud. Kathryn has reviewed hundreds of drug utilization review forms, patient charts, hospital policy and procedures, researched medication regimens and practice regulations in preparation for trial.
For the Firm, Kathryn brings together both her medical and consulting experience to every case she reviews. From assessing breaches in the standard of care to discovering document tampering, Kathryn is as dedicated to patient care as she is to professional accountability. Kathryn is involved in all phases of the investigative process, including: evaluating potential cases, review of client medical records, independent research, retention of medical experts and preparing cases for Presuit and beyond. Kathryn’s background and knowledge of maternal fetal health, neonatal medicine and pediatrics provides our legal team with an invaluable resource.
- National Alliance of Certified Legal Nurse Consultants (NACLNC)
- Academy of Neonatal Nurses (ANN)
- National Association of Neonatal Nurses (NANN)
- American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN)
Awards and Honors
- Registered Professional Nurse, State of Florida
- Certified Legal Nurse Consultant
- Certified Neonatal Resuscitation
- B.S.N. NURSING (Magna Cum Laude, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing), Florida International University, Miami, FL
- B.A. DEVELOPMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY, (Cum Laude, Phi Kappa Phi, Golden Key) Florida International University, Miami, FL
- A.S. EXPERIENTIAL EDUCATION, Montreat Anderson College, Montreat, NC