Rachel received her A.B. degree magna cum laude from Princeton University. She then received her J.D. from the University of Florida, also graduating magna cum laude, and serving as an editor on the Florida Law Review. Rachel served as a law clerk to the Honorable Ursula Ungaro, United States District Judge for the Southern District of Florida. Before joining Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen, Rachel practiced for nearly five years in the commercial litigation department of an international law firm, White & Case, where she defended corporations against complex claims, including breach of contract and professional malpractice.
At Grossman Roth Yaffa Cohen, Rachel has litigated class actions and individual claims of personal injury, wrongful death, professional malpractice, deceptive consumer practices, product liability, and breach of fiduciary duty. She represents plaintiffs in state and federal courts and arbitration proceedings, and handles appeals. She also provides trial support to trial lawyers on complex issues, preparing major trial-level motions and memoranda, and handling oral argument.
Rachel has taken a leading role in several class actions and served as counsel to clients in multi-district litigation. She has argued before the United States Joint Panel on Multidistrict Litigation and presently she serves as co-counsel on the leadership committee of the Allergan Biocell Textured Breast Implant products liability litigation, in the United States District Court of New Jersey.
Rachel is a respected member of the local and Florida bar, serving on the executive board of the federal bar association and having been appointed to the federal court practice committee of the Florida Bar by its president. Rachel has also been appointed by the Chief Judge in the Southern District of Florida to serve on numerous Magistrate Judge Selection and Retention Committees, including the present committee, charged with considering and recommending candidates to fill the upcoming January 2022 vacancy.
- Florida Bar
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Florida Bar Federal Court Practice Committee Member
- Florida Justice Association
- Federal Bar Association, South Florida Chapter, Executive Board Member
- Legal Services of Greater Miami, Board of Directors Member
- Lotus House, Board of Directors Member
- City of Miami Sports and Exhibition Authority, Board Member
- Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs, Grant Panelist
Awards and Honors
- 40 Under 40, Outstanding Lawyers of South Florida, 2016
- Super Lawyers Recognition, 2019 - Present
- Rising Stars Recognition, 2016 - 2017
- Princeton University, magna cum laude (A.B.)
- University of Florida College of Law, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif (J.D.)
- Symposium Editor, Florida Law Review