Prior to his retirement from active practice in 1988, Richard S. Masington was certified by both The Florida Bar and the National Board of Trial Advocacy as a Civil Trial Attorney. As a member of the Florida Bar’s first Certification Committee, he graded the examinations of the initial applicants for certification. He specialized in the fields of personal injury, wrongful death, vehicular incidents, product liability, aviation crashes and medical malpractice litigation for 27 years. He continuously expresses ethical concerns at all levels in presenting legal and medical issues. Proud of having been mentored both in and out of the courtroom by the finest members of the plaintiffs’ bar and the defense bar, he was a long-time lecturer to both the legal and medical professions on medical liability, and lectured on ethics and civility in the practice of law.
“Dick” is now Of Counsel to the firm.
- The Florida Bar, numerous Ethics Committee memberships
- Emeritus status:
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- The International Society of Barristers
- Admitted to the Florida Bar: 1961
- University of Florida (B.S., Political Science, 1958, With High Honors)
- University of Miami School of Law (Juris Doctor, 1961, With Honors)